Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Digilux 1 questions
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:27:41 -0500

> Hi Sonny, I got your email from GeeBee (Graham). I had asked Graham some
> questions about the shots he took with his Panasonic -Digilux brother. I
> would like to print "Photo Quality " prints and wanted to know if you had
> any first hand experience with the Digilux. I have been contemplating the
> Canon G3. I presently own the M6 and a few lenses and Leica R7 plus 2
> lenses.

>>>What kind of print size photo quality shots can I get with the Digilux.
8x11 are great, I have done some 11x17 that are really nice.

yes, both, as well as a macro adapter

>>>Does the shutter response perform close to an SLR ?

If you turn off AF (you don't need it, because of the great dof)
and you turn off auto white balance (set it to the ambient light)
and you use the manual exposure . . . You'll have almost instant response.
(there is write time involved, so there will be some lag between shots

tele adapter.
That's about the range. Bokeh is non-existent except in macro

The LC5 / Digilux excels in macro, beyond your wildest dreams

 >>>I  have the SF-20 will it work?
On manual it will, No ttl.

If you can help me out with any questions it
> would be greatly appreciated. Take care, George Kmetz
>
> PS or my other option is to start saving for the digital R back?

Whatever.....

Regards,
SonC

Replies: Reply from "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com> ([Leica] Leica R and Novoflex EOS)