Subject: RE: [Leica] The new digital reality -
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:07:23 -0400

I'm convinced that the best way to shoot with a digital SLR, particular
sports, documentary, PJ, is to turn OFF the LCD - Shoot the damn camera
like a film camera, and just use the screen to check every so often for
lighting, color balance, etc. Sure, if there is a particular shot you
absolutely "must" get, check for it. But "chimping" is the digital bane
of a photographers existence...

What is "chimping?" Think, for a moment, of how a chimp would play with
a digital camera - no, I don't mean peeing on it or smashing it on a
rock/ I mean push the button, look in wonder at the screen; push the
button, look in wonder at the screen; push the button... :-)