Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: Courtesy and Civility - Blame the X-BOX!
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:57:13 -0400

Nathan wrote:
> Children who are "damaged" by playing video games usually have
> some other issues in their upbringing that are much more important.

I agree with Nathan.  In terms of causality I find any correlation
between TV/Games and violent behavior dubious at best.  I too have kids
(8 and 10), and while I may wince at the premises of some the games
(Grand Theft Auto), I will not blame the games should my children
exhibit violent behavior.  They learn from their parents, family,
friends, school 99%, the news, etc. of what is accepted behavior.

Pseudo info on TV is much worse than games or movies, and not only
on children.

- - Phong