Subject: Re: [Leica] Use film, or block the panel - examples as requested
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:51:21 -0400

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 01:08  PM, Bill Harting wrote:

>> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/wip/circle-of-fifths/
>>
> J, right or wrong, I sense in these pictures the same photographic
> glee I
> experienced when I got my first SX70 and a bunch of film ...
>
> Speaking of myself, and not the deadman's pix, every SX70 picture
> seemed
> arty, an interpretation, an unrepeatable instant, almost a photograpic
> license: everything was cool.

Funnily enough, I'd had the CP more than a year when I shot these. They
were really inspired by a visual diary Rob Appleby posted to
StreetPhoto... I don't know if he's still doing it... and I've lost the
link... but having seen that I made a conscious decision not to try to
make interesting photos but simply to make a visual record of things
that caught my eye (something I'm always telling other people to do).

The pix were shot on my way to and from meetings during a five day trip
to London. I was continually surprised when I loaded them onto the
laptop that they were interesting to me despite the fact that I had
made no effort to make them interesting. Like you say... it was all
cool.
- --
John Brownlow

pictures: