Subject: Re: [Leica] Mark Pope's (non Leica) PAW Week 22
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:30:39 -0400

Jerry & Kim:

The Berkeley and especially the Oakland police did a lot of harassing in
the late 60s.  The Alameda Sheriff's Deputies killed one onlooker and
permanently blinded another with shotguns.  They were called the "Blue
Meanies" after characters in the Yellow Submarine film.  I always
thought it was too nice a name for them.

I took a lot of pictures with my Pentax Spotmatic.  I had nowhere near
enough money... not even close, to buy a Leica.

It appears that I don't recall enough about the poppies in my then back
yard, so I bow to Kim's much better knowledge of things papaver and
poppy.

And no, I didn't take pictures the day that the police came for the
poppies.

- --

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

Message from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Mark Pope's (non Leica) PAW Week 22)