Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Bargin BAH!
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:50:42 -0500

> If the point of a charitable organization is let's say, to feed the
starving
> people, then the more money they make, the more people they feed.

Well, Theresa, When my TV station laid me off, I took a year off from being
TV producer to work at the Food Bank for Emergencies, (later merged with
Second Harvest of New Orleans.)

 My job, (at a fraction of the price of a TV producer, and probably less
than you garner) was to get corporations, schools, and churches to donate
real food so people can eat.

I  loaded the donated food into my truck and brought it to the food bank,
and we made parcels for people in emergency situations, and sent the rest to
volunteer kitchens across the greater New Orleans area. Thousands of meals
for pepole who otherwise could not make it from one month to another.

I really don't need you to tell me how the situation works, I've been in the
trenches.  A stupid camera sold at the wrong price means far less than your
donation of a case of peanut butter to your local food bank.

Sonny