Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Bargin BAH!
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:47:39 +0200 (MEST)

> B.D. Colen wrote of Kim (Teresa299):
> > I think the bottom line here is that you are apparently an extremely
> > ethical, kind person.
>
> I also feel Kim's kindness.  It is much more important in human relations
> to be kind and compassionate than it is to be right.   I did not
> always believe this.

Yes, it's never a good idea to prove you are right and pull someone's
pants down in the process. That's a good lesson I learned after bitter
experience.

Since we were on about the Salvation Army ...

Sweden has been dismantling its social system for about 15 years now. It's
gone so far that the whole system would collapse if the Salvation Army
wasn't there.

I knew my father well, of course, but I found something else out when he
died. He wasn't a member or anything near that. He probably met them in
the bar ... but it turns out he had a very good eye for them. When he
pasted away, his wish was that all donations and money that would have
been spent on flowers be given to the Salvation Army. They are good
people.

Daniel