Subject: [Leica] Bargins and Giving w/o Thought of Receiving
From: "Dave Olson" <ckrosebud@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:19:02 +0000

2 cents worth on a Friday. Why do people, with money, shop at Goodwill or
Salvation Army Stores, bargans. At the same time they are playing their cash
across the counter for the bargin widget, the charity is ringing up much
needed money to continue what they do. So if someone finds a Hermes, not in
New Mexico, great. It is continuing to serve its purpose be it Hermes or
Heinz 57. The money will serve a purpose. The person who originally donated
the Hermes also realized that it could be useful and support a charitable
organization. I recently unloaded about 25 sweaters in a SA clothing box. No
thought other than to, one clean out some drawers and two the SA can use
them.
Was shopping for a 75 f1.4 and called a friendly dealer who had just taken
one in that he had originally sold to another customer. It's the late late
model with attached lens hood, made in Canada, flawless with a Leica UV
filter. My price was $1,495.00. A bargan as new is $2,495.00 USD. Not saying
this dealer runs a charity for Leica lovers but I think both of us were
happy with the deal. What an awesome lens on a M6TTL 0.85 with the 1.25
magnifier.

Dave Olson