Subject: Re: [Leica] DR Summicron Issue
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 21:06:21 -0400

My DR works as follows:

1)  without eyes:
    I can rotate the lens to the close range section over the tab that
divides the close and far range, but it locks.  It cannot rotate any
further into the close range.

2)  with the eyes on:
    I can now rotate further into the close range.
    I cannot get the lens into the far range when the eyes are on.

I cannot put the eyes on  when the lens is in the far range.

So in summary - far range and change ranges with the eyes off, but put
the eyes on to focus in the close range.   With eyes off, the lens will
lock at the start of the close range.

Now, I do remember a thread talking about older eyes and newer eyes, and
different size ball bearings that the eyes activate to allow going in
close range.  I can't remember the outcome of that discussion.

Hope this helps

Vick