Subject: Re: [Leica] refreshing rain
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:30:33 -0500

Funny, that is what Gabriela (our Polish student) tells me when I get on
her about going out in the cold with bare feet.  Of course her mother
agrees with me.

Gene

                      Tina Manley
                      <images@InfoAve.Net>                To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] refreshing rain
                      -alto.ca.us

                      06/10/2003 03:51 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

At 02:10 PM 6/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Hey
>
>At least she had shoes on.  My youngest would walk out in the snow
>barefooted, shorts and T-Shirt and not understand why she kept getting
>colds etc.  With our 19 year old from Poland this year we had similar
>problems.  Is must be some kind of Youth Disease.
>
>Gene

I photographed a health school in Russia where they believed that if you
ran barefooted in the snow and then came inside and massaged your feet and
ears, you would not catch cold.  I was there in February and these children

had been running outside in extremely cold weather:

http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Russia/feet.htm

None of them had colds!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP