Subject: RE: [Leica] Snapshots vs 'art'
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:40:36 -0400

Ed - You slightly missed my point, which had more to do with the way I
made it than it does with your understanding of it...:-)

For some quite bizarre reason - and I say quite bizarre because,
theoretically, the people on this list take their photography seriously
- - there is a general belief that photos taken of family members and
gatherings, of the efluvia of everyday life, must necessarily be "snap
shots." My point is that one can chose to make what one knows best ones
best subject - take your 'best' photos of the kids, the spouse, the
parents. They, of all subject, should ignore you and your camera. (I
realize there is one real impediment in the way of doing this - and that
is the fact that it can be quite difficult to really SEE the subjects
that always surround you.)

B. D.