Subject: [Leica] Leica Lens Mount Distance
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:55:39 -0700

I am an inveterately curious person.. so when I had the opportunity, I
picked up a Leitz Wetzlar camera back that looks like a test back or an
record keeping instrument back.  It is for something pretty special purpose.
I could describe it more completely, but to start, I am trying to establish
the type of camera it emulates.

The item has a distance between the film plane and the "mounting surface" of
about 28mm.  Is that the distance of the Leica R series cameras from the
film plane to the lens mount plane?  ( I think it is too much for a M series
camera..?)

Thanks

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net