Subject: RE: [Leica] New Nikon Lens Mount
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:30:19 -0400

One thing to think about here though - IMHO Canon is clearly out front
in the pro-DSLR race - the quality of the D10 blows away the Nikon D100,
and the EOSD1s is now the leader in terms of serious pro camera with
LARGE full-frame sensor. I would guess - and I know this is true in my
case - that the only thing keeping allot of Nikon users from jumping to
Canon is their current investment in Nikon glass. So if Nikon requires
people to buy new glass to use their next iteration of digital pro
bodies, I think there's a good chance they will discover that they are
taking a real hit in terms of people defecting to Canon. No?

B. D.