Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon Digital SLR's
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:11:30 -0400

BD,

The premise that "photo journalists...neither need, nor, in most cases want
a full-frame digital SLR" is bunk. That technology practically limits chip
sizes is one matter, but no good argument can be made that "most"
photographers willingly prefer to use less of the imaging capability of
their lenses/cameras than their original design (and size) intended.

If camera manufacturers offered identical cameras with the option of either
full frame or partial frame chips at similar resolution and cost, why would
you imagine that the partial frame would outsell the full frame? Why
wouldn't anyone prefer to use a 35mm lens as a 35mm lens?

David W. Almy
Annapolis