Subject: RE: [Leica] Some may find this of interest
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:07:02 -0400

Since you don't know what happened - other than the reported facts that
a 19-year-old female died under suspicious circumstances in the studio
of a 56-year-old male photographer, don't you suppose you might be a bit
premature wailing about the patriot act and other unrelated crap. Of
course other young women, whose deaths we know nothing about, have died
in the last few days, but that's hardly an excuse for somehow
rationalizing what happened to this young woman, whose death we have
heard about. Would you be expressing such outrage at the prurience of
society, and vindictiveness of prosecutors who may or may not be up for
re-election, and would you be as quick to offer plausible 'innocent'
alternative theories about the case if rather than photographer Bob
Shell, the 56-year-old man had been a Republican member of Congress?
Some how I doubt that you would

And Sally Mann, pornographer? I don't know about that, but I'll
certainly buy 'Sally Mann, who advanced her career on the naked backs of
her own children who were unable, as any young child is, to refuse to
participate as subjects for their Mom.' ;-)

B. D.