Subject: [Leica] gyro stabilizer for R8?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:39:55 -0700

Hi folks,
Anyone out there used a gyro or motion stabilizer with a motor driven R8? Or
any other camera in action? No I'm not talking about the Canon stuff so
please don't even mention it! Thanks.

I've been out on the lake two mornings shooting the Canadian National rowing
team for Olympic selection and as calm as the water was, it wasn't calm
enough with a couple of other power boats creating a wake we had to ride
through.

And hand holding a 280 2.8 with a 1.4 extender to make it a 400mm f4.0 the
rockin' and rollin' was a little tough trying to keep things in focus and
relatively stable. Not to mention our boat moving and the rowers moving, it
was a tad wild trying to stay in focus and sharp negs. ;-)

So I thought what's needed here is, "a camera gyro stabilizer" and I know
just where to ask cause these guys have all the answers to the world's
problems.Where else? . Right here! ;-)

So how about it LUGNUTS? Anyone out there ever used one and how well do they
work? If you have?
Thanks,
ted

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] gyro stabilizer for R8?)