Subject: Re: [Leica] New Nikon Lens Mount
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:30:56 +0200 (MEST)

Now Mark, I've been trying to keep quiet because you scolded me for
mentioning my Leica D100 back in March :) :)

I bought one of those and I get the best results with:

1) Incident light readings rather than the new-fangled lost in the matrix.
2) Fixed focal length AI(S) Nikkors.

It's pretty painless because I use the same meter for my Leica M's anyway.
I get less blown-out highlights, nice skin-tones and colors and more
concentration on the shot rather than fiddling around with a zoom. I
bought a zoom with it (24-85), but it stays in the bag. The 50/1.8 Nikkor
has the same angle of view as a 75 (love it), the lenses are bright and
easy to focus (the little light telling you that you are in focus still
works).

I couldn't care less if Nikon comes out with a full-frame or if Leica
comes out with a full-frame. I haven't had any posters up on billboards
lately. 11x14's are just beautiful. I'll live.

Daniel