Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New Nikon Lens Mount
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:57:15 -0700

David Young wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
> >Part of its coming out with the full chip camera was because it knew Nikon
> >could not.
>
> Hmmmm... all this talk about how Nikon can't do a full frame chip because
> of the [small-ish] lens mount.... colour me stupid if I'm  wrong, but isn't
> the new Kodak 14mpxl full-size-chip camera built around a Nikon and it's mount?
> ----------
>
> David Young,     | Libertè, egalitè,

I'm sorry I should have clarified. I meant Nikon could not do a full
frame chip for a year or two. And with Kodak making them I'd think the
pressure would be off.

1.4's would be an improvement. Kodak makes one of those too for Nikon
probably Canon. Maybe we'll see 1.3 and even 1:2 as they may prove much
easier to make than a 1.1 full chip!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com