Subject: [Leica] Acronyms
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:04:47 -0700 (PDT)

> Sorry, YMMV ?

Alistair:

YMMV is a Net acronym:  Your Mileage May Vary.  It just means that your
results may be different from mine.

The phrase used to be a standard disclaimer in automobile advertising.
As in, "We claim 45 mgp highway, 2700 furlongs per fortnight city.  That's
because the engineers stripped the body off the test car, never drove over
25 mph, and drove naked to save weight.  We hope you'll buy the car
because you believe you can get this fantastic fuel economy. But you can't
sue us for false advertizing when you don't."

- --Peter