Subject: Re: [Leica] HCB Did It All First Redux
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:58:08 -0700

on 06/19/03 6:59 PM, Tim Atherton at tim@KairosPhoto.com wrote:

> Didn't Kertesz doe it first?
>
> "Kertesz took the first great 35 mm photographs. "We owe him so much," said
> Cartier Bresson."

I read that quote years ago and have been searching for it since! I
corrected a renowned photojournalism historian once and she asked me for the
reference. I NEED that reference! Please, tell me where you got it. PLEASE!
:-)

As an aside, Kertesz was doing it long before the 35mm camera made its
debut. Way back in the Austro-Hungarian war where he was a foot soldier.

- --
Eric
Carlsbad, CA