Subject: Re: [Leica] Handled the MP - Patina
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:41:38 -0700

on 06/21/03 7:36 AM, Dan C at leicaman@sympatico.ca wrote:

> I am sure that I would continue using it (unlike Jim Marshal,
> who donated the pictured camera to Leica), but why on earth would anyone
> actually WANT their camera to look like that?

I ran into Jim Marshall a while back, and saw his current camera. It was a
Champaign-colored titanium with a custom-made titanium Leicavit that Leica
made just for him. It was gorgeous.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"There exists a limit to the force even the most powerful may apply without
destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of
government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of
vengeance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has
created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences."
  --  Frank Herbert