Subject: Re: [Leica] HCB Did It All First
From: Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:12:54 -0700

Obviously I'm not shallow enough, as I don't _see_the underlying message
that you claim is in the work. The flip side of this could be whether
the work is that easily accessible that any one can tap into its
brilliant message, and I'm just a lost blinded soul buffeted on a
desolate tundra, ever locked in my unimaginative prison.
If anything, his work strikes me as a well articulated snapshots. Last
semester, I showed my students his book on photo portraiture. We flipped
through the pages one at a time. Then, I flipped through the pages like
one would through a carton flip book, to show the sameness throughout
the work. I'm sure someone else would see it as a stylistic continuity,
and I won't argue with that.
But really Buzz, this physiological state of arousal of yours is
somewhat unseemly, over what is just another guy's work earning a living
with his camera.
Slobodan Dimitrov