Subject: Re: [Leica] HCB Did It All First
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 19:28:36 -0700

on 06/21/03 6:00 PM, Tim Atherton at tim@KairosPhoto.com wrote:

> Photographing diamonds is darned hard, I can tell you - I much prefer
> photographing the people cutting them!

Well, Tim, I'm sure you can guess I'd like to see the photos!

I find cabochons and highly polished gold, platinum and silver a nightmare.
We have a pyramid at work we use to light the stuff. But anything with a
near-adamantine luster is tough. One stinking facet can ruin the whole
photo. Shoot six or seven stones at one and I'm sweating.

I guess I'll cut up a milk jug for location shooting. I think the budget can
handle that. Though I'm going to be pushing for all new IBM PPC970 G5 Macs
soon. :-)

Eric
Carlsbad, CA

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and
he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett.

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] HCB Did It All First)