Subject: Re: [Leica] Film is Archival
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:13:05 +0800

We all cannot win. 5.25" floppies have gone the way of the dinosaurs. 3.5"
floppies are beginning to gasp in desperation and will soon expire. So we
think that CD-ROMs and DVDs will survive. Heck, give it another few years
and it might be a different story. Bottom line is that the IT industry
needs to survive and whatever new stuffs that they dish out  for the
consumers' benefit might actually be for it's own benefit.

Digital photography is in vogue. Images are free...capture and trash as you
like. But how often do you actually spend the time to trash the rubbish
that you capture for free? So you save the good ones, you catalog them
nicely, you upgrade the storage system from time to time. See how often you
have actually forgotten to do all that. Then it becomes a chore and the
homework becomes a pain the the a**.  Very soon, even you do not know where
that great shot was kept or there seems to be too many great shots to
remember.

Just airing my thoughts......nothing serious.

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Film is Archival)