Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital usage
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:42:49 -0400

At 08:17 AM 6/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Yes but without the cell site the phone is useless.  For example just 25
>miles from where I am right now in Cedar Rapids, in the Amana Colonies my
>cell phone is completely useless.  the closest peripheral - Cell Site - is
>just a mere 15 miles away and no service!  Add in some variable terrain and
>a cell site 5 miles away is lost to your cell phone.
>
>Gene

Add the outer banks of South Carolina to the list of inaccessible
places.  I took my cell phone and computer to Edisto Island thinking that
I'd be able to get some work done on vacation.  Not only were there no
phone outlets in the cottage, but there was no cell phone access within 45
miles!  I drove all over the island and all the way to Charleston before I
could get a signal.  Verizon - Can you hear me now?  No!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

photos available from: