Subject: Re: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:12:54 +1000

Does an experienced photographer need a screen on the back of the
camera to be satisfied they took the shot properly?  Maybe, maybe not.
It would be good for those times you think the subject blinked, if the
res is good enough to show that.  I would find that handy, when I'm
doing one shot portraits of bulk kids.

It's with action photography that the screen would come into its own.
That way I'd not be printing shots where other players have run in the
way of the subject.  The bad shots could be dumped immediately, or
later if the printing schedule permits.   But I don't use Leicas for
this - need autofocus.

Another thing I've noticed with kids these days.  I take a photo with
an M6 or R8, and they run up and say "Let me see it, let me see it".  I
tell them it's a film camera.  They look back, "A what?"

Rick.