Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: leica digital
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:13:35 -0400

Rolfe,

> You're quite right about the link. It had already been posted numerous
> times so I thought everyone was aware of it. Also, you can navigate
> there from the Leica home page.

Probably, but it's not obvious...but of course, it's obvious if you've done
it before ;-)

> I think if you can play either Windows
> or Realplayer streaming media, you should be able to play the news
> conference. On my G4 running OSX, it "just worked".

I wish it just worked, but alas, it did not on any of my very standard
Windows 2000 systems.

> > BTW, where does it say they don't use an anti-aliasing filter?
>
> In the press conference. Imacon says they can do it in software and you
> will be able to turn the moire filter on or off on a shot by shot basis
> as needed.

OK, I guess...but I'm skeptical...

> BTW, one thing that hasn't been noted is that Imacon has a reputation
> for producing excellent software.

Hum.  I haven't heard anyone very say that and I'm in the industry!

> It's just that questions and uninformed answers were being batted around
> when the answers are sitting right there on the Leica site.

Er, not all the answers were uninformed...

> No offense intended -- this is the LUG, after all :-).

Exactly ;-)

Austin