Subject: [Leica] Anti aliasing filters - Austin Educate me (us) :-)
From: "caliguri@rcn.com" <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:20:17 -0400

Austin
I thought that implementing a proper A.A. filter for all types of
photographic conditions would not be possible. or VERY expensive (we
have a solar observation filter that would fit in the palm of your at the
College where I teach that cost $6K!!). But that's not the point. JUST
looking at what Leica (and Kodak and maybe others) did in NOT
including it, isn't that better than putting it in and not offering the
option?
With a soft or firm ware option, you have a choice - Shoot in RAW mode,
and that wil allow you to do what you want post shoot. maybe by putting
in a great, Super-Antialiasing-Filter would add another 2 grand to the
price. Just look at a Leica Polarizer now! A 77mm costs $350 USD!! I
am talking tounge in cheek here - I really want to know :-)
Thanks,
Ed

http://mail2web.com/ .