Subject: Re: [Leica] Interesting comment in Leica chat
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:56:43 -0700

Rolfe Tessem said:
> I don't know Ted, with C/V half way there with their 35 1.2, do you
> think it is really that much of a stretch?<<<

I don't think it's a stretch at all if Leica wanted to make an f 1.0
Noctilux 35 mm lens. I just don't think we can afford to buy them as I'm
sure it would be on the way to $3500 - $4500.  If you look at the cost of
the 50 Noctilux and compare that to a 35 f.1.0 I'm sure damn few would be
sold, well OK some of us might buy one.

However the success of the assignment would have to justify the cost without
question.

And I confess I have the C/V 35 1.2 on an M7 .58 body at the moment and it's
quite an amazing lens, mine cuts the image into film wide open like a razor
blade, so would I get a Leica f.1.0 35 considering how well this C/V lens
cuts film images? At the moment not likely!

Although I have a strange kind of feeling about using the M7 with a
non-Leica lens, considering I've always had Leica lenses for every thing,
then I think about the cost and quality and dismiss any "bad feelings." So I
push any honour bound alliegence to Leica aside simply because the C/V
quality is amazingly Leica like in what it cuts in film.
ted

Message from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Interesting comment in Leica chat)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Interesting comment in Leica chat)
Message from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Interesting comment in Leica chat)