Subject: RE: [Leica] Heading for the hills -
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:55:19 -0400

Oh, Austin, I knew I could depend upon you to be "PC." It matters, in
this case, because these poor black kids, who are used to having
well-off whites come into their community to "do good," will be exposed
to some of the poorest of poor whites, people of whose existence they
are unaware. They will learn that not all poor people are black, and
that while a higher proportion of blacks than white are poor, there are
some seriously hurting white folks. And that may have an impact on their
view of race, their world, and the world. At least that's one of the
issues I hope to explore - and I know that it's one of the issues the
pastor taking them down there hopes to explore with the kids.

:-)