Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:55:42 +0200

Rich,

For someone like you had prior Leica experience, I am sure the LTMs are
viable choices. But for a novice in RF photography, I am afraid that
using, say, a IIIf, with its clunky film loading, the need to look
through separate windows to focus and compose, and the absence of a
light meter, would merely sour the person on the whole RF experience.
That is why I think that a modern, low-cost CV camera like a Bessa R2 is
a better choice in such a situation.

Cheers,
Nathan

tripspud wrote:

>      I guess my point is that the screwmount cameras are completely
> usable choice for those with less money to spend on gear.  I wanted
> three bodies and cannot afford three M bodies.  I realize my experience
> is different than the novice who has not used an M series.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: nathanw@bluewin.ch