Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: Bob Shell news
From: "Chandos Michael Brown" <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:39:23 -0400

"And, Chandos, if you have something you wish to say to me, kindly say
it to me directly by private e-mail and leave the rest of the List in
peace."

Marc, I have responded to you off list, but I feel no obligation to do
so.  You post on a public list, expect response on a public list, most
especially when you directly solicit funds to compensate yourself for
the defense of Mr. Shell, who is on record claiming that he makes a
"comfortable" living through his various enterprises.

Funny, I've been on the LUG for longer than I can remember, but, except
for Kyle's promoting, not inappropriately I thought, the young fellow
who was off to Bosnia to photograph the effects of the war, yours is the
only posting that I can remember that asks us to contribute money, and
not for a "cause," mind you--rather, you made perfectly clear that any
donation would go to your fee.

And the best thing about it, as far as I am concerned, is that you did
it on a "for sale" Friday.  It's simply too rich for words.

As to leaving the list "in peace," Marc, I've conveyed to you my certain
knowledge of attitudes that have not appeared in the public forum.

Cheers,

Chandos