Subject: [Leica] Weight of Canon EOS ID
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:55:30 -0700

Hi Felix!

     That's a handful.  I bet Oskar Barnak would chuckle.  His
idea was to make a camera the size of a small book.  The early
Canons were the result of careful copying of Leica.  And now, Canon
is the leader in digital and the 24x36 size format is still appreciated
to the point were Canon and other manufacturers are stretching
their resources to make the digital camera 'full frame'.

      A guess would be that Canon will try to make future models
lighter.  But batteries remain an issue with all the current gear.
Nobody used batteries in cameras in the thirties.

     Photography was invented before electricity even.  I was at
work the other day and the electicity went south.  Everything
stopped, typical of any modern business.

     Well, it's late, and I'm babbling on.....

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net