Subject: Re: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:33:09 -0700

on 06/26/03 5:31 AM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabinergroup.com wrote:

> I think it's too expensive to make a dent into anything. Even if it was
> a whole camera it would be too expensive. Just too darn expensive! The
> fact that it's just a BACK makes it WAAAAAAY too darn expensive. I bet
> they don't sell thirty of them in a year!

Why is that? If a person can shoot how many photos as they want for not one
more cent after the initial investment with no processing charges, and not
having to filter lenses for incandescent or fluorescent (or any other kind)
of light would make $4,000 a bargain. If you shoot a roll of film a day, it
won't take long to pay for it.

Eric
Carlsbad, CA

The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along.