Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital has blown highlights? (was won)
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 05:30:49 -0500

While I've used to advantage a version of the composite Jeff speaks of, I
have never done it with multiple exposures. I usually just make two layers,
and use levels or curves to set the problem spot on the bottom layer, and
set the top layer so everything else is OK, then erase away the problems on
the top layer.  Here's a digital  example.

http://www.sonc.com/cane_river_green_market.htm

But I have similar issues with film, at least the Fuji 800 I so like to use,
and use the same technique:
http://www.sonc.com/paw3/sparklers.htm

However, all that said, I have had some situations that the Lumix /Digilux 1
has done awfully well in situations that might challenge film:
http://www.sonc.com/OK/pages/P1020364.htm   In that shot, I found the blacks
much nicer than the same would be in film, and the white dress and "surrey"
held up quite to my taste.  This shot is very close to what came out of the
camera, I only and cropped a little bit, and may have set the black just to
the shoulder of the black on the levels.  (Common to almost all shots,
scanned or digital.)

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com