Subject: Re: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:27:50 -0400

At 08:11 PM 6/30/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, I think its time to start another holy war. This time on
>scanners.
>
>What kind of film scanners are people using? Is the low end Nikon
>enough better than the low end Minolta to justify the extra
>money. What about Canon? Any others to consider? And how about the
>mid-range Minolta?

The Nikon LS4000 does a great job.  I couldn't do without the batch scanner
and if you use good slide mounts that hold the film flat, there is no
problem with depth of field.  I did hear from somebody on another list who
was having problems with parts of his film being out of focus.  He sent it
back to Nikon, even though they said there was nothing wrong, and had it
recalibrated and it works perfectly now.  Mine has been great since the
beginning with never more than one or two numbers difference in the focus
points on any part of the image.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com