Subject: RE: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:25:22 -0400

Hi Nelson,

> I have no experience with film scanners what so ever.  I use film
> exclusively and have no experience in digital camera whatsoever.  What are
> the advantage of a scanner other than storing the images in your
> pc and for
> posting photos on the web?  can you use the digitize images for printing
> hard copy instead of the negative?  Thanks.

No chemical darkroom for printing...  Exceptional control over tonality...
Just for starters.  IMO, film scanning gives you the best of both worlds
(digital vs film).

Digital printing is sharper and has better tonality (at least for B&W, I'm
not really into color) if you use a quad-tone printing set-up.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Nelson Chan" <cchan@info.com.ph> (Re: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners)