Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: David C Mason <damason@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:57:10 -0400

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 03:42 PM, Patrick Jelliffe wrote:

> The irony of this occuring at, or outside of, a
> Michelle Shocked concert, is indeed rich.  Why
> couldn't the disgruntled father have approached you?
> When did we stop communicating with each other, and
> start looking to a higher authority to take care of
> things?

I recommend to anyone who does documentary work to get your hands on a
film called "Stranger with a Camera".

If you think this stuff is bad now, imagine being shot to death in 1967
for filming a documentary.

Its not the best film ever made (in my opinion) but it raises question
we *all* should think about.

http://www.itvs.org/strangerwithacamera/media.html

Dave