Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:08:58 -0500

gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca (Greg J. Lorenzo)7/1/03

>I hate to say it but have you considered that maybe being a little more
>verbally assertive with these people would have forced them to back off?
>I'm not suggesting that you should ever go beyond that but rather you
>seem to know what your rights were and are in these type of situations
>why not demand them?
>
>As you've said these were rent-a-cops overstepping the bounds of what's
>reasonable.

I believe that I took each verbal exchange to our mutual limit. I have a pretty good feel for when someone is about to ³lose it,² including myself. And I choose not push others, or myself into ³loosing it.² On those points which I felt confident in knowing my rights I expressed my rights, courteously and powerfully, which made them angry. When they started talking about throwing me out. I told them to speak civily to me. Noone needs get thrown anywhere. At other times they maintained authority, siting rules which I had now knowledge of and had to take their word for, such as, ³any professional photographers are required to have permits before bringing professional gear onto the grounds.² I asked them where that is posted and thatıs when the discussion shifted to bodys being thrown about.

The bottom line comes down to: I was on their turf (arguably private property opened to a paying public) where their rules and rule book was not accessable to me. I have since researched the actual ³media permit requirements of the venue² and will follow up with reasonable complaints and according to their procedures.

Fond regards,

G e o r g e   L o t t e r m o s e r,    imagist

<€>Peace<€>   <€>Harmony<€>  <€>Stewardship<€>

Presenting effective messages in beautiful ways
                                     since 1975
web	                          <www.imagist.com>
eMail                        george@imagist.com
voice                              262 241 9375
fax                                262 241 9398
                      Lotter Moser & Associates
10050 N Port Washington Rd  -  Mequon, WI 53092