Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:30:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/03 1:26:40 PM, steve@streetphoto.net writes:

<<
...I hate to say this because it seems to be terrible what happened to
George, but anybody dumb enough to take a picture of kids that they do not
know, is out of touch with our world today.

sl >>

 So George is pretty much right, the realm of documentary photography is
dying a slow death, only to be replaced with sanitized staged photos of child (and
eventually adult) models attempting to emulate real life situations?  At what
point other than the far reaches of Amazonian forest or tibetan mountains is
all documentary photography not much more than stock photography at worst,
"reality" TV at best?

- -kim