Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: David Degner <leicanews@myrealbox.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:15:30 -0400

Why do people feel threatend when they are being photographed?

I was sent on just a quick illustration assignment to get a picture of
the front of a bank that had been robbed.  While I was there the Brinks
Security truck pulled up.  This was a more exciting picture than just a
facade so I stood back a little ways and snapped pictures while they
carried money in and out.  They man in the truck then leaned out of the
truck with his revolver in his hand pointed at the ground and said "You
can't take pictures.  Ill get you arrested."

Was I stepping over any bounderies taking those pictures?  I was on
public sidewalk at the time.

David Degner

Replies: Reply from David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca> ([Leica] Canada Day photos up...)
Reply from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003)