Subject: [Leica] And I thought I was doing so well on eBay
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:30:38 +0100

Yesterday I sold an M2 on eBay, I'm in the UK, the buyer is in the US. He
asked for postage cost to the US, I sent him an invoice - everything's going
very well and then this morning I received this email from him...

'Hello Steve, After seeing the total U.S. currency involved in this auction,
and after learning that you are not a verified U.S. PayPal member, and will
not except any other type of payment. And including the fact that the item
is showing many signs of  use.  I am choosing to decline payment. Sincerely
XXXXXX'

All the issues he addresses were clearly indicated in the original auction,
the fact that I'm in the UK, the payment method for non UK winners the
condition of the camera etc..

I've sent him an email pointing out the eBay rules when it comes to bidding
and the obligations placed upon the winner of an auction and am waiting for
a reply - hence the XXXXXX in the place of his name.

To be honest I'm not sure why I'm sending this other than to let of steam -
the sound you can hear is steam being released :-) - I feel better already.

End of rant

Steve

Replies: Reply from "Dimitri Visser" <dimitri@myjoy.nl> (Re: [Leica] And I thought I was doing so well on eBay)
Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: And I thought I was doing so well on eBay)