Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:21:47 -0400

You're right, Bob,

What I type at a computer, pondering what for me is a hypothetical
circumstance, and what I'd do in real life may be two different things.  A
couple of thoughts, though:

First, my advice to yell real loud is what one should (IMHO) do after one
gets arrested, not before.

Second, not that I'd have the guts to do it (I've got an ex-wife, kids and
alimony to pay <g>), but ~someone~ has to stand up to these bullies, and
make them realize that they can't just push people around because they
"don't like cameras" or whatever.  There are laws to protect ordinary
citizens from such harrassment, is my point.

cheers,
frank

Bob Adler wrote:

> Personally, I think anyone would be an idiot to argue
> or incite someone waving a gun at them, esp. a
> rent-a-cop. Acquiesce and live to make your point
> under less life threatening circumstances.
> IMHO

- --
"What a senseless waste of human life"
- -The Customer in Monty Python's Cheese Shop sketch

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003)