Subject: Re: [Leica] For sale: Pentax 43mm f/1.9 and CV 35mm f/1.2
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:22:09 +0900

>  >  * Pentax 43mm f/1.9  (new in box w/warrantee) - $600
>Is the Pentax lens in a Leica mount?

Yes, it's silver/chrome in an LTM mount. It comes with its own
brightline finder with marks for 43mm and 50mm. The finder is nice
and bright, similar to the CV ones.  Apparently Pentax made it in a
one-time thing. It was originally priced at $1300, which meant every
one bought Summicrons instead. :-)  But the price has since dropped
in half, which makes it more reasonable. I was going to pick up one
for myself and see if anyone else was interested.

I think if you google around, you should be able to find an image.
The styling is very summicron-ish with its own focusing knob as well
as a hood that is built into the lens. The cap is a very nice
screw-in metal type. Overall, the quality of the lens does make it
Leica-level (higher than the Cosina lenses I've seen), but definitely
not $1300 worth. But $600 worth? It's worth it for me to make the
plunge.

Karen

Message from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> ([Leica] For sale: Pentax 43mm f/1.9 and CV 35mm f/1.2)
Message from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] For sale: Pentax 43mm f/1.9 and CV 35mm f/1.2)