Subject: Re: [Leica] Good health and a quick recovery for Tina
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:59:02 -0700

Tina annouced: ;-)
>  I'm getting nervous but will be glad when
> it's all over.  My surgery will be Monday morning.  I'll be in the
hospital
> about a week and then in rehab for two to three weeks, so it will be about
> a month before I'm back on the LUG.  I'm taking my cameras, but have no
> idea whether I'll feel like photographing anything!  I hope to have two
new
> knees in good walking condition by September so I can carry my cameras
> around Guatemala!
>
> All of my family is here for the 4th and we'll drink a toast to the LUG
> later tonight.<<<

Tina dear lady,
In Boston  this spring shooting Women in Medicine when Sandy and I were
discussing who would shoot a young female Orthopod, Brandon Earp or Buzz
Hausner's wife Beth, a gynecologist delivering babies.

It was my luck, I got the Orthopod and her first operation of the day and my
photographing a surgeon doing one, was a knee replacement! Hey it's visually
cool!! :-) And makes for great pictures! ;-) However, I suggest you
immediately dismiss any thoughts of a local to stay awake and shoot yours!
:-)

It's visually incredible and quite photogenic, but the noise from the
"tools" would drive you crazy. ;-)

OK in all seriousness, it's a very wonderful procedure of our modern
medicine and with the warmest of feelings I wish you well and the greatest
of success and recovery, allowing you to carry on your wonderful
photographic career!

Take care dear girl and be prepared for a bit of a few days for recovery,
tough it out, after all you've had assignments much tougher to cope with
than this will ever be. The crew are all pulling for you, we wish you well
with a speedy recovery and your after op report.
kindest regards,
ted

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Good health and a quick recovery for Tina)