Subject: [Leica] newbie questions
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:49:12 -0400

Hi,

I introduced myself a week or so ago, but for those who didn't see it,
or don't remember, I have a CL with Summicron C 40mm.  I know that
there's an Elmar C 90mm that's specifically made for the CL, but my
question is, will a Summicron M 90mm work on the CL?  I've heard that
the focusing may not be as accurate, due to a shallower focusing ramp
(is that the right term?) on the C lenses.

Also, are Leitz Canada lenses of lower quality than German lenses?  Is
there a value difference?

I know that's several questions, but thanks in advance to all who
answer.  And, I recall that when I first posted, someone suggested a
90mm lens for the CL, but I forget who that was, and which lens (sorry!)

thanks,
frank

- --
"I don't believe in God, but I do believe in pi" - Henri Cartier-Bresson