Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon adapter for R lenses
From: "telyt@earthlink.net" <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:49:38 -0400

Ken Lai <ken@compose.com.hk> wrote:

> Novoflex has such an adapter but their tech guy said you can't use the
> 15mm super elmar nor 19mm elmarit lenses on Canon SLR bodies
> and you have to do stop-down metering.

As I hear it the 15 and current 19 (and a few other lenses) can't be used
on the EOS *film* cameras or the EOS 1Ds, but the digital bodies with
snesors smaller than 24mm x 36mm also have a smaller mirror which
does not interfere with these lenses.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com