Subject: Re: [Leica] Perhaps more reason to avoid ebay
From: "David M. dorn" <dmdorn_ct_usa@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:59:39 -0400

See if you feel comfortable after you go to the "Rules and Safety" page
and follow the Inquiry:

The link is: http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

	1. Select "Member Problems"
	2. Select the subtopic "Law Enforcement"
	3. Select the issue "I am a law enforcement officer"
	4. Hit continue

and the select the first item "I am a Law Enforcement Official and want
to contact eBay about a member or an item" the direct url for this is:

http://webhelp.ebay.com/cgi-bin/eHNC/showdoc-
ebay.tcl?docid=354&queryid=13876727&querystring=I_am_a_Law_Enforcement_O
fficial_and_want_to_contact_eBay_about_a_member_or_an_item

I wonder how carefully the they the information the they request before
giving the information

I just cancelled my membership and registration.  I don't need some
rogue cop or an impersonator getting stealing my ID information.

I just checked the links and they work on my Mac mail

David