Subject: RE: [Leica] Good health ?
From: Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:40:38 -0400

Don,

I know you're just making light, but your example is exactly wrong.  I'd
much rather have a clot in my lungs then in my brain.  Lungs filter out all
kinds of small stuff from the veinous system before it can make it into the
arterial system to reach the brain and cause real damage, such as a
stroke.  A small clot in the lung may kill a small amount of lung tissue,
which is no big deal, but is very unlikely to do anything worse.  A small
clot in the brain can easily cause a massive stroke and even death.  A
large clot in either lung or brain could be fatal, although it's still less
likely to be so in the lung.

Regardless, I'll add my best wishes to the folks who've been forced to
interact with the medical system recently.  I wish you all speedy and full
recoveries, back soon to Leica-land.

- -Aaron

Replies: Reply from Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> (RE: [Leica] Good health ?)