Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:53:18 +0100

Well in France bleu is one step (at least :-) beyond rare (saignant).

The point being that each place has it's own definition of what these
cooking terms mean. I like my steak rare, so in France I'd ask for it 'a
point' which to the French means medium but corresponds to a rare steak in
the UK. It's really just a matter of finding out what corresponds to the way
you like it cooked and realise that what you call rare back home may not be
the same as rare elsewhere.

After saying all that, if Marc was asking for rare and getting well done in
Ireland there isn't a lot you can do.

Steve